56 Frederick's castle


Built as a watch tower in 1589; the ground floor originally housed cannons; the upper floor was used as a banqueting hall; conversion in 1731 to a Baroque pavilion with a mechanical table “Table-Be-Set”; this rising table was reconstructed in 1999 and can now be hired for special occasions; banqueting hall also used as a registry’s office for official marriage ceremonies.

Go back