All the Information on the Re-Opening at a Glance
Shorter opening hours: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Last admission: 5 p.m.
Special admission fees
7 Euros per person
Children and teenagers up to the age of 16 have free admission.
We are automatically extending the validity of annual passes activated between 1 April 2019 and 13 March 2020 by two months. This also applies for the SchloesserlandCARD until further notice.
The fortress caterers have attractive “snacks to go” on offer to enjoy outside, keeping adequate distance and observing the safety and hygiene measures.
The Fortress Express runs between Königstein town, the car park and the fortress.
Hygiene and Safety Regulations of Königstein Fortress!
- No access for Covid-19 patients, contact persons or for people with cold symptoms
- A distance of at least 1.5 meters to be kept between people not belonging to the same household
- Avoiding queues at the ticket office
- Members of staff with contact to visitors and museum guests inside buildings are to wear mouth-nose protection
- The lift is only used to transport guests with reduced mobility and families with a pram (max. 3 people with mouth-nose protection plus the lift attendant)
- The number of people who may stay in a determined area or inside buildings is restricted (see notices)
- Observing the hygiene standards for disinfection
At the moment, the following restrictions apply:
- The opening of this year’s special exhibition “Important Guests at Saxony’s most Beautiful Fortress” has been postponed.
- Some exhibitions, such as the permanent exhibition “In lapide regis – On the King’s Stone” remain closed for the time being.
- Other areas such as the Garrison Church may only be viewed from outside.
- Touch screens, movable models and the VR offer are out of order.
- No audio guides are provided and no guided tours are offered.
- Due to the closure of the Garrison Church, the services have been cancelled.
- The museum’s educational offers are equally affected.
- The events which we had to cancel are no longer mentioned in the online event calendar. Please see the up-to-date information.
The members of staff will be delighted to provide you with any further information on site.