Current Information for Visitors of Königstein Fortress
Königstein Fortress has been open again since 4 May and since the whit weekend almost all our exhibitions have been open to visit again – including this year’s special exhibition “Important Guests at Saxony’s most Beautiful Fortress” and the new permanent exhibition “Fascination Fortress” of the Bundeswehr Military History Museum, Dresden at the New Armoury.
Due to the ongoing high risk of infection, media stations with touch screens, haptic models and VR offers remain out of use for the time being. Audio guides are currently not provided, either. Guided tours can not take place anymore. Thank you for your understanding.
Currently there is no water extraction at the Well House. The museum’s educational offers are restricted. Most events had to be cancelled. Please find up-to-date information in our online event calendar.
Regular opening hours and admission fees apply. Online tickets can be purchased at our website.
The validity of annual passes activated between 1 April 2019 and 13 March 2020 is automatically extended by two months. SchloesserlandCARDs activated during the same period are accepted for three additional months to visit Königstein Fortress.
The Fortress catering is open in several locations. Please keep the minimum distance and observe the usual safety and hygiene rules.
The Fortress Express runs between Königstein town, the car park and the fortress.
Currently, the lift is only used to transport guests with reduced mobility and families with a pram (max. 3 people with mouth-nose protection plus the lift attendant).
Hygiene and Behaviour Rules of Königstein Fortress
- Covid-19 patients, contact persons, persons from risk areas, and people with a cold are not permitted to enter the fortress.
- Please pay by card or contactless, if possible.
- Wear a mouth-nose protection during your visit inside buildings and outdoors in areas, where it is not possible to keep the minimum distance of 1,50 metres.
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5 meters from persons who do not belong to your household.
- Observe the restrictions on the number of people in individual buildings.
- Follow the signposted tours inside buildings.
- The Museum Shop is open as usual. Here, the regulations for retailers apply (max. 5 people with a shopping basket as well as mouth-nose protection).
- The cleaning intervals have been increased for the entire fortress – all handrails, doors, surfaces, lockers, and sanitary facilities are regularly cleaned and disinfected by our staff.
The members of staff will be delighted to provide you with any further information on site.
Subject to change.
Dr. Angelika Taube
Festung Königstein gGmbH