New rules for visits - starting from 16 September 2021
Due to increasing incidence rates new regulations for visiting Königstein Fortress apply from 16 September. For your visit you need one of the following proofs (in German: so-called “3G”-rule):
- Proof of complete vaccine protection
second vaccination needs to date back 14 days min., proof by vaccine certificate or vaccine passport)
- Proof of recent recovery from COVID19
- For recovered persons
(infection needs to date back 28 days min. but 6 months max. Proof only by positive PCR testing result or a medical certificate about the infection; quarantine note without note towards a positive PCR test is not sufficient!)
- For recovered persons with one vaccination (vaccination needs to date back 14 days min., proof by vaccine certificate or vaccine passport + positive PCR testing result)
- Submission of a current and official negative SARSCoV2 testing result
Testing result by an official testing station or due to an operational test
A local supervised test is not possible!
Self declaration is not possible
“current” means: not older than 24 hours
Tests of a validity of 48 hours or similar are not accepted.
Next rapid testing facilities
Children younger than 7 years don’t need any proof.
The cash desks are open for ticket sale – but we recommend purchasing your tickets in advance in our online ticket shop.
Distance and hygiene rules
For visiting Königstein Fortress the rules of the current Sächsische Corona-Schutz-Verordnung apply.
- No entrance for persons infected with Covid-19, contact persons and persons with symptoms of a cold
- A distance of at least 1.50 metres from other persons must be maintained
- Wearing a mask (FFP 2 or medical mouth protection) is compulsory inside the buildings and at marked places.
- The elevator transports only visitors with mobility handicaps and families with buggies (max. 4 persons with mouth protection, plus lift man)
- Constraints of the number of persons in the single building (see postings)
- Adherence of the hygiene standards for disinfection
- The museum shop is open – constrained to 10 persons at the same time
- Cancelled events are no longer in the online event calendar. Please inform yourself on time.
Prolongation of the validity for annual tickets and schloesserlandCARDs
We prolongate the validity of annual tickets that have been activated between 2 November 2019 and 1 November 2020 for seven months. The cash desks will manage the prolongation automatically. schloesserlandCARDS whose validity expired during the closing time (November 2020-May 2021) will be extended by 6 month.
Please ask also our local fortress staff.
Subject to changes.
For a smooth entry to the fortress
For smoothing the process of registration, please download this registration form fill in your contact data and bring it with you to the entrance.
In order to avoid waiting at the cash desks we also recommend to holders of annual tickets, SchlösserlandKarte und vouchers and companions of disabled people to purchase 0 € online ticket. At the entrance, you need to show the online ticket in combination with valid annual ticket, the SchlösserlandKarte, the voucher or the certificate of disability and the “3G”-proof.
We kindly ask for your understanding if there are some delays at the entrance due to the controlling of tickets and the “3G”-proofs
For questions concerning online ticketing please contact our information office: email@example.com | Tel: +49 (0)35021-64607.