Matthias Hultsch

Garrison church


The church is the oldest architectural monument at Königstein hill and an example of Medieval architecture in the border region of Saxony and Bohemia.
In the early 13th century, a Roman Castle was on the plateau. At the time, there was a Late Romanesque chapel in this place. In 1516, Duke George the Bearded (1471 - 1539) had it reconstructed into a Late Gothic church. Since the conversion of the castle into a state fortress in the late 16th century, the building served as Garrison Church.

Festung Königstein gGmbH
01824 Königstein

Phone: +49 (0)35021 64 607

Opening hours

April - October 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
November - March 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Last admission 1 hour before closing time