26th Historic Romantic Christmas Market
»Königstein – a Winter’s Tale«
– weekends of Advent 2023 –
Historic romantic Christmas market at Königstein Fortress
The eventful Christmas market at the Fortress offers an atmospheric setting on all four Advent weekends.
Magical Advent on the King‘s Stone - a Celebration of Handmade Goods
- Hand-crafted stalls based on historical models made of wooden slats and fabric panels
- Traders are offering their goods in traditional garb.
- Goulash soup and Fortress punch are steaming in large copper kettles on open fires.
- Demonstration of traditional crafts
- Stage programme with folk music, dance and artistry
- Living animals in the Christmas crib
- Weather-protected strolling area in the underground casemates
- Electoral table with Dresden china in Friedrichsburg Castle
A lot of Stars are Enlightening the Way up
- Countless Herrnhut stars are warmly illuminating the Dark Ramp, the historic way up to the fortress plateau, and bring a mystic atmosphere to the vaults filled with Christmas music.
Getting in the Mood of Christmas – Music and Nostalgic Movies
- Organ music in the oldest garrison church in Saxony
- Silhouette cinema under starry skies
Germany's Longest Advent Calendar
- The Old Barracks built in 1589 is transformed into Germany's longest Advent calendar, measuring 112 metres. From 1st to 24th December, one door will be opened every day.
Subject to change without notice.
Opening hours of Königstein Fortress at the weekends of Advent:
Saturdays and Sundays, 9 a.m. until 7 p.m., last entry: 6 p.m.
Admission fees for the Christmas Market:
During the weeekends of Advent, the main season prices apply...
Regular opening hours of Königstein Fortress during the winter season:
Daily from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Last entrance: 4 p.m.
24th December: closed
31st December: 9 a.m. until 3.30 p.m.
1st January: 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.