Canaletto Festival | On the tracks of Bernardo Bellotto at Königstein
We are celebrating the 300th anniversary of the famous painter Bernardo Bellotto, also known as Canaletto, with impressions from his life!
- Images by Canaletto show Königstein Fortress in the 18th century
- Special guided tours on Canaletto's life and the fortress as he experienced it
- Organ concerts every hour on the hour from 11:00 to 16:00 in the Garrison Church with music from the Italian Baroque and 18th century in Germany with the Turin organist Luca Massaglia.
- Sketching with the camera obscura from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. - like Canaletto himself, the drawing technique can be tried out
- Culinary offers from Italy
This event is included in the regular ticket price of Königstein Fortress and part of the festival year "Canaletto300" with many exhibitions, actions and events in Dresden, Pirna and at Königstein Fortress.
Also worth visiting..
- special exhibition "Enchantingly Real. Bernardo Bellotto at the Court of Saxony"
the Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister (until 28th August 2022)
- special exhibition "Canalettos Blick. Bernardo Bellotto (1722-1780) gen. Canaletto und seine Nachfolger in der Sächsischen Kunst" in the city museum of Pirna
(until 25th September 2022)
- and the special exhibition "From the Carrot Bed to the Fortress Wood – Multi-faceted Fortress Green at Königstein Hill" (until 31th October 2022)
Canaletto's views of Königstein play an important role in the exhibition. His detailed, realistic views have a high documentary value. They provide information about the condition of the fortifications and about life in the middle of the 18th century.
Out event tipp:
- Painter's Festival in honor of Canaletto at 24th July 2022