Holger Mörbe


Webcam live images from Königstein Fortress

Webcam-Livebild Festung Königstein: Blick auf die Friedrichsburg

View of Fredericks' Castle, the Elbe Valley and the table mountain Lilienstein

The Friedrichsburg was built in 1589 as an observation and flanking tower. In 1731 it was converted into a baroque pavilion with the “machine panel” - in 1999 the lifting table was reconstructed, which can be rented for special occasions. Today the ballroom is used, among other things, used as a registry office.

Webcam-Livebild mit Blick auf den Eingangsbereich der Festung

View of the entrance area of the fortress

Bottom left: Gate Ravelin (today: cash desk), right Tenaille

Top left: George's bastion with five cannons

Behind: George's castle, the oldest building on the Königstein. Between it and the Gate house  the Strike defence is located as a connecting building.

Festung Königstein gGmbH
01824 Königstein

Phone: +49 (0)35021 64 607

Opening hours

April - October 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
November - March 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Last admission 1 hour before closing time