Commander’s Horse Stable

Interior around 1900

Opening hours: April – October: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. | November - March : 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Location: Commander’s Horse

Family friendliness: animal models in the stable | only in Advent: live animals

Accessibility: insight into the exhibition possible via the stable door | notice for wheelchair users: historic sandstone paving in front of the stable door.

Photography: allowed  for private use (please without flash when live animals inside) | photo permission required for commercial use

Commander’s Horse Stable

The commander's stable was built in 1828 and was used by the commander-in-chief of the fortress to keep his riding horses. Temporarily, the six stalls also housed draught horses of the artillery and the carriage service.

The building also housed the harness master's flat, a harness and feed room, and a cow and pig stall.

The stable was reconstructed in its condition around 1900. The other rooms are now workshops.

Festung Königstein gGmbH
01824 Königstein

Phone: +49 (0)35021 64 607

Opening hours

April - October 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
November - March 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Last admission 1 hour before closing time