New permanent exhibition: In lapide regis – On the King’s Stone
800 Years of Life at Königstein Fortress
The new permanent exhibition is the most important and largest exhibition at Königstein Fortress. It tells the history of the fortress from its first written mention in 1241 to the opening of the museum in 1955 on an area of 1,200 square meters in 33 rooms – some of them have never been open to the public before. Numerous exhibits, models, vivid dioramas and life-sized groups of figures illustrate the historic milestones. About 30 media stations and an audio guide provide additional information.