Bernd Walther

Arrowhead Fieldwork

Flèche

The far advanced arrowhead fieldwork was constructed in 1755/56 as the first part of the Lower Outworks. In case of war, cannons could be placed on the construction for flat shelling the fortress flanks. In 1816, a block house was added as a gunpowder store for the immediate supply of the cannons. Additionally, there is a cannon-proof walkway leading through the wall.

Festung Königstein gGmbH
01824 Königstein

Phone: +49 (0)35021 64 607
info@festung-koenigstein.de

Opening hours

April - October 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
November - March 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Last admission 1 hour before closing time