Festung Königstein gGmbH

Lower outworks

Niedere Werke

In the early 18th century, they started to equip Königstein hill with a belt of lower outworks for a better defence of the fortress’s forefield. They enabled flat shelling, which had been impossible from the fortress plateau until the beginning of the 19th century. The Seven Years‘ War (1756 - 1763) interrupted the construction measures. By the end of the 18th century, they resumed the works and finished them in 1802.

Festung Königstein gGmbH
01824 Königstein

Phone: +49 (0)35021 64 607
info@festung-koenigstein.de

Opening hours

April - October 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
November - March 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Last admission 1 hour before closing time