From 1891 to 1893, the fortress' last bombproof hollow building was constructed to care for the wounded during war. It was Königstein hill’s first subterranean construction with a ferroconcrete vault. The Wartime Hospital consists of five rooms connected by a communication passage, as well as a storage room and a toilet. The water supply came through a pipe from the Well House.